- Case Studies
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Feb. 23, 2010 – “It was one of the most magical moments I’ve ever had
leading a group up the summit,” said famed explorer Richard Wiese, on reaching the top of Mount
Kilimanjaro. Preserving the incomparable experiences of his many worldwide adventures is why
Wiese never goes on an expedition without his Epson P-7000 Multimedia Photo Viewer.
An essential tool for the on-the-go adventurer or photographer, the Epson P-7000 is the perfect
partner for a digital SLR camera. The viewer makes it easier than ever to backup and view thousands
of photos on the spot with its built-in memory card slots, 4-inch LCD and 160GB hard drive.
When Wiese chose the Epson viewer, he wanted a device that was easy to use, lightweight and
rugged, with a long-lasting battery. “With the Epson P-7000 viewer, I never worry about losing
photos,” said Wiese, also a respected field scientist and former president of the prestigious The
Explorers Club who has hosted many television shows, including the syndicated “Exploration with
Richard Wiese” and BBC and Discovery Channel’s “Hell on Earth.”
After the day’s climb, Wiese would insert the card from his camera into the viewer and swiftly
download several hundred images. Zooming in to confirm focus and fine detail, he could preview both
RAW and JPEG images, and make quick edits if needed. With the option of video and audio output,
he’d then set up a slide show of the day’s images in the mess tent for the entire group to view.
Displaying more than 16.7 million colors, and encompassing more than 94 percent of Adobe RGB
color space, the Epson P-7000 brought incredible color accuracy to the Kilimanjaro images.
Once Wiese and his team reached the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro, they gathered around the Epson P-
7000 to look at images of their successful climb. “I can’t tell you how important the Epson viewer has
become in documenting, sharing and preserving my exploration work,” said Wiese. “Not only does the
viewer help forge a tight-knit team, but at the end of the expedition, I know all my photos will be there
to document the work and the great experiences we had together.”
Additional Features of the Epson P-7000
• Large 4-inch LCD with wide viewing angle
• Exclusive Epson Photo Fine® Premia technology displays more than 16.7 million colors
• Tethering feature allows instant viewing and back-up of images as they are shot
• Built-in CompactFlash and Secure Digital memory card slots with many other cards supported
via third-party adapter; compatible with high-speed UDMA CompactFlash cards
• Faster download speed - up to 35 percent faster than previous models
• Zoom function to confirm focus/fine detail
• JPEG and RAW file support
• Jog dial to scroll through images
• Long battery life for extended photo shoots; rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to three
• Audio/video output to present customized slideshows
• High-speed USB 2.0 interface for device-to-device backup
• Travel Pack — battery charger, car adapter and more
For more information on the Epson P-7000, visit Epson.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners
and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and
energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more
than 70,000 people in 106 companies around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing
contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow